Friday, December 18, 2009

Must Go To Morocco

Thank you for your prayers for the trip to Morocco.  As you probably read in my last "Portugal Update," due to Portuguese laws, I along with some of my co-workers have to go outside of the European Union every 90 days because of the type of paperwork we have.  So, the nearest neighbor outside of the E.U. is Morocco.  Since we had a conference in Southern Portugal, getting to Morocco was much easier.  We left on a ferry from Tarifa, a port in Southern Spain, to Tangier, Morocco.  It was just a quick weekend trip - leaving one day and returning the next - but a memorable one!  Here are pictures from the trip:  (You would think that we stayed for a week by the number of pictures I took, but actually we were only there for less than 24 hours!  The culture was very fascinating!)

Waiting at the port with the Dubois', Nick, Noah and Krista (behind the camera).


While waiting for the ferry, we walked around the little Spanish town of Tarifa.


It was a little windy, so rather than try to fight it, might as well have fun with it!


 Getting a taxi in Tangier (not sure why the signs were so bright)
 

The younger daughter of our host and hostess.  She was just a doll!


International version of Dannon bottled water - don't forget - Arabic is read from right to left!


Kati, me, Nina standing on a hilltop with the coast of Morocco below us!



A man stopping Mike (or me?) to ask for money.


Ever have an itch you couldn't quite reach?


I didn't see any film for sale though. :-)



Muslim prayer tower that announces a call to prayer 5 times a day.


Preparing and selling produce


It wasn't until after I took the picture, that I realized the man in the background was trying to tell me he didn't want his picture taken.  Oops, sorry sir!




Keeping an eye on the oranges to make sure they don't fall out of the truck


Everything from bottled water to spices...even a kitchen knife set!
 

Moroccon version of Rack Room shoe store?
 

Such beautiful colors!


I wonder if there is a Starbucks, too?
 

While the color contrast caught my eye, the plight of humanity captured my heart.


Headed back to the dock






No comments:

Post a Comment